Employee absence is a significant cost for many care homes, yet research suggests that only a third of employers monitor that cost. Employees may need time off for a variety of reasons, from short-term sickness to longer-term health issues. Effective absence management seeks to support the needs of employees while providing clear and consistent guidance to avoid unauthorised absence or inappropriate use of sick pay schemes, and reduce effects on the business of a high level of absence.
Our Absence Management service will review your entire approach to dealing with short-term sickness, employees with longer-term health issues, and unauthorised absence or persistent lateness.
We will look at:
- Accurate measurement and monitoring of absence
- If your absence policies are effective
- The managing short-term absence
- The managing long-term absence
- Strategies to reduce employee absenteeism
- We can conduct staff absence questionnaires
- We can also help with any specific employee situations
Our aim is to ensure that you are getting the best out of your staff, reducing the cost of absence to your business and ensuring that your staff understand the effect their absence has on the care that you provide to your Service Users.